Dusseldorf, Germany – Independent developer, Timo Josten today is proud to announce the release of Dropshare for Mac, now available in version 3.3. The new version offers a bunch of new features for your favourite file sharing tool. Dropshare is now able to upload files to Rackspace Cloud Files – a frequently demanded feature that has now been released. Also, Dropshare is now able to convert Markdown files to HTML before uploading them. These & many other features have been introduced with the new version, plus a free trial version.
Your very own secure file sharing tool! Dropshare is a menu bar app that enables you to drag & drop upload files, screenshots and even directories to your own server, Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files to share them with anyone you like!
* New: Support for Rackspace Cloud Files:
No longer have your shared files on servers provided by companies you don’t even know – easily set up Dropshare and share whatever file you like by only drag & dropping it on the menu bar icon, securely saved on your own server, Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files.
To have Dropshare working correctly, you have to have either:
* A server of your choice and a working SSH user account at your disposal. Dropshare works with Secure Copy (SCP over SSH), therefore either a password (for keyboard authentication) or a private key (for public key authentication), as well as a web server set up to serve the uploaded files is required
* Or, if you don’t have an own server or SSH account at your disposal, Dropshare offers uploading to your own Amazon S3 bucket or Rackspace Cloud Files container
Optionally, Dropshare creates a landing page for each file shared, with either a default template or your very own design. If you’re a professional, it’s a perfect way to share files with clients on a professional level. And even if you share files with friends and family, you’ll love how easy it is.
* Very easy file sharing, using your own server – keep control over your data
* Secure upload (SCP over SSH) via password (keyboard authentication) or private key (public key authentication), secure upload to your own Amazon S3 bucket or Rackspace Cloud Files container
* Uploads every file type and even directories (which will be compressed to a .zip prior uploading)
* Upload image data, files and folders or plain text / rich text from clipboard using a user-defined keyboard shortcut, e.g. images from Preview, or screenshots
* Upload queue: Upload as many files as you want at a time, simply drag & drop them onto the menu bar icon
* Optionally automatically uploads screenshots taken with OS X and copies the sharing URL to your clipboard (also optionally delete them afterwards to save space on disk)
* History of recent uploads including preview images in the drop down menu, also complete history of all files ever uploaded available
* 1-Click-Delete shared files from your server / S3 if you no longer want to share them
* Optionally shorten the URL to your shared file with either a built-in or your own custom URL shortener (compatible with bit.ly and others)
* Optionally convert Markdown files to HTML
* Optionally enable landing pages for each upload, which shows a preview image, text or video if possible and displays the file size prior downloading – use a default or your very own design!
* Drag & drop upload from other applications (e.g. images from Safari)
* Upload from the OS X Services menu
* Image preview: Hover over an uploaded image or screenshot to get a larger preview
* Support for both IPv4 and IPv6 connections (for SCP over SSH)
* OS X 10.9 or later
* 3.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dropshare 3.3 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. There is also a free trial version available.
Dropshare is made by Timo Josten, an individual software developer from Germany. Copyright (C) 2014 Timo Josten. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.