Loughborough, United Kingdom – Notesplus Limited is excited to announce the launch of Notes+ for iPhone, available now. Use Notes+ for iPhone to create multimedia notes with text, bullet and checkbox lists, photos, sketches, sketches on photos, audio and video recordings; all inline in the note body, wherever they fit best in your logical flow.
Intuitive, gesture driven control:
* Pinch apart to add new note items, anywhere in a note
* Press and hold any item to select and reorder
* Swipe any item right to share, or left to delete
* Making notes about places you visit and things you see and hear
* Taking notes quickly, for example, by snapping a photo and dictating a few words
* Creating field worker reports, for example, by a journalist, surveyor, naturalist
* Recording meetings and other events
* Storing instructions, recipes, wine details
* Shopping lists
* Marking up photos
* Quick sketches
* Sharing multimedia items with friends
* Notes+ for iPhone fully supports Dynamic Type
* Text looks great at every font size
* Set text size in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
* Create lists with bullets and checkboxes
* Editing features include Cut, Copy and Paste
* Check Dictionary definition of selected word
* Supports standard keyboard options, including spell checking and auto-correction
* Capture from camera or choose from your library
* Take photos in portrait or landscape orientation
* Choose from four photo resolutions: Full, Large (1920×1440), Medium (1280×960), or Low (640×480)
* Tap photo to view full screen – zoom and pan with gestures
* Tap pencil icon to enter sketching mode
* Add any number of photos to a note
* Sketch on a plain background or on any photo
* Pencil and eraser tools
* Select pencil line width, and color
* Option to reduce line width with increasing speed
* Select eraser width
* Full Undo/Redo
* Tap sketch to view full screen – zoom and pan with gestures
* Add any number of sketches to a note
Voice & Audio Recordings:
* Choice of three recording qualities: 44kHz, 22kHz, or 11kHz
* Record for up to 1 hour continuously (11kHz)
* Pause and continue the same recording
* Record in the background, even whilst using a different app
* Recording stops automatically for an incoming phone call
* Fast forward and reverse at 2x, 3x, and 4x normal speed
* Scrub control for quick navigation during playback
* Level meter for recording and playback
* Add any number of audio recordings to a note
* Record in portrait or landscape orientation
* Choose from three recording resolutions: VGA (640×480), Medium (480×360), or Low (192×144)
* Record for up to 5 minutes continuously (192×144)
* Scrub control for quick navigation during playback
* Add up to a maximum of 10 video recordings to a note
Browse & Search:
* Navigate and find existing notes with ease
* Existing notes are all listed on the Browse Screen
* Search notes for matching character strings
* Filter search within note titles, contents, or all
* No note organisation required
* Swipe any note item right to share
* Share text, photos and sketches via Facebook and Twitter
* Share an audio recording as MPEG 4 Audio format file
* Share a video recording as MOV format file
* Use AirPlay to stream video, audio, and photos wirelessly to Apple TV and other AirPlay-enabled devices
* Print note item to any AirPrint compatible printer
* Share whole notes (free update, coming soon)
* iCloud sync (free update, coming soon)
* Comprehensive yet simple settings
* Add optional note title
* Portrait and landscape orientations supported
* Split text at any line by pinching apart
* Add a separator to organize and space note content
* Context sensitive help – Notes+ shows you as you go
Why Another Note Taking App?
The Notesplus team had tried using many of the existing note taking apps, but couldn’t find one they really liked. Most lacked the ability to add one or more media types, and many had confusing layouts or disorienting screen flows. The aim has been to make Notes+ for iPhone the most flexible, user-friendly, and quick-fire app available for creating multimedia notes.
Notes+ for iPhone allows users to create a new note in a hurry, and having done so to start entering content immediately, for example, by taking a photo, or starting an audio or video recording. There’s no up-front requirement to set a note title or any meta data. Notes+ for iPhone is ideal for capturing spontaneous events and activities as they occur and gives users the best chance of not missing the start.
Whilst on the one hand Notes+ for iPhone has been designed to be quick and simple to use and have a minimalistic design, on the flip side it supports the inclusion of a market leading range of different media types in notes, including audio and video recordings of different quality levels, configurable in the settings. Simple and yet comprehensive!
1. There are just two main screens: a browse screen, and a note viewing/editing screen. Each screen has very minimal controls, freeing up the screen real-estate for note content. For example, there’s no bottom toolbar on either screen.
2. All of the primary functionality is achieved via a few gestures, with help prompts being displayed automatically at appropriate times.
3. There are two options for how media is displayed in a note: Best Fit, or Small. Best Fit uses as much screen real estate as it can, whereas Small keeps the media within a fixed small size. Both are dynamically calculated to suit the device and its orientation.
4. Mechanisms for tagging, grouping or putting notes into hierarchies have been purposefully omitted, which greatly reduces the app’s complexity from a user perspective. Searching and sorting is used instead.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 2.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Notes+ for iPhone 1.0.3 has an introductory price of $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Notesplus Limited is a privately owned UK company, which was founded in 2013. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Notesplus Limited. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.