Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is happy to deliver Default Folder X 5.1.6 today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs is compatible with macOS 10.13 High Sierra. It also provides numerous enhancements and bug fixes.
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows, as well as move, copy and delete files without leaving a file dialog. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
The changes in Default Folder X 5.1.6 include:
* Compatibility with High Sierra (macOS 10.13)
* The Finder-click feature’s “choose the desktop” option now graphically shows you where you can click
* You can now enter relative paths for Favorites by using the “Add Path or URL” option
* When you select an alias, Default Folder X shows you a full preview of the original item
* Several problems with Default Folder X’s tagging feature have been fixed
* UI glitches have been fixed in Finder-click when using Default Folder X’s “Minimal Toolbar” appearance
* Switching folders using Default Folder X’s menus now works consistently in file dialogs brought up when changing preferences
* There’s now an API to allow software developers to disable Default Folder X for special file dialogs in their Mac applications
* Several memory leaks and a number of bugs and crashes have been eliminated
See the St. Clair Software website for a full list of changes.
* macOS 10.10 through 10.13
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5.1.6 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this update.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2017 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, Macintosh, macOS and Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.