Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to announce the immediate release of Jettison 1.4.1 for Mac OS X. This update improves the logic for ejecting and remounting all disks, with specific improvements for SD cards and flash drives. It also delivers user interface refinements and support for Yosemite’s “dark mode.”
Jettison is a small, purpose-built application that automatically ejects external disk drives from your Mac before you put it to sleep. Are you ready to close your MacBook and leave your desk? Jettison eliminates the hassle of manually ejecting Time Machine backup drives, network server volumes and flash drives before you put your MacBook to sleep – just close the lid and Jettison does it for you! Time Machine will be stopped and other data safely written to the drives before they’re ejected.
* The logic that Jettison uses for ejecting and remounting drives is more tolerant of errors.
* Jettison’s menubar icon is now compatible with Yosemite’s “dark mode.”
* Jettison offers to move itself to your Applications folder when you first launch it.
* Minor user interface inconsistencies have been fixed.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.10 (Yosemite)
Pricing and Availability:
Jettison 1.4.1 is a free update if you purchased an earlier version. It is available for $4.95 (USD) from St. Clair Software’s web site if you haven’t already bought a license.
St. Clair Software, based in Denver, CO, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. Copyright (C) 2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.