London, United Kingdom – Independent developer Harry Huang today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Driftback, a new iPhone and iPad app that integrates and displays all of users’ photos, statuses and other memories from their device and social network accounts in one simple, beautiful layout. With the rise of smartphones and social media, Driftback aims to make it extremely easy for people to relive past memories at any place, at any time.
* Users can select which memories Driftback will show: from their device and from various social networks, all within the app, removing the need to visit multiple sites.
* Driftback randomly picks a memory to display each time a user swipes across the screen so the user will always be surprised.
* With ‘Autocycle Mode’, Driftback does all the work. Memories are displayed in slideshow format – perfect for using the device as a photo-frame around the house.
* Each memory is shown with the date, and if available, location details and any headings or titles.
* ‘Fullscreen Mode’ allows the app to deliver a truly immersive experience by stretching photos and images to completely fit the device screen without distortion.
“Over the past few years, I found that life memories were increasingly getting scattered across different places” said Harry Huang, the creator of Driftback. “At times when I wanted to look back at memories, I had to log in to multiple sources and scroll back by date. The whole process was tedious and there was no function to sit back and watch things drift by. Because of this, I wanted to make Driftback, which integrates everything into one place – I hope this makes reliving the past simple, fun and unpredictable!”
* Displays photos and calendar entries from the device
* Displays photos and statuses (or equivalent if available) from Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, Twitter
* Displays dates and location information (if available) alongside memories
* Fluid cycling – intelligently picks memories if app detects limited/no Internet connectivity
* Autocycle mode, 3-25 seconds per slide memory in slideshow
* Fullscreen mode
* Easily share memories via Facebook, Twitter, Mail and iMessage
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal Application
Pricing and Availability:
Driftback 1.2 is available for only $0.99 (or equivalent in other currencies) as an introductory offer exclusively through the App Store and is designed for iPhone and iPad, requiring iOS 7 or later.
Harry Huang is an independent developer and designer based in London, United Kingdom. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Harry Huang. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.