Frankfurt, Germany – Eltima Software announces a new release of USB Network Gate 3.1 for Mac OS X. USB Network Gate is an application that allows you to connect your local USB devices to other computers over network – Internet/LAN/WAN, no matter how far they are. And vice versa – the program allows you access shared USB devices on other machines all over the world as if they were physically plugged into your computer.
New version of USB Network Gate 3.1 offers numerous new features:
* Support for OS X Mavericks (10.9)
* Experimental support for OS X Yosemite (10.10)
* Mass storage devices are now shared and disconnected with proper saving of data on USB device
* Computer name of the client currently occupying the device is now visible to other clients
* Some improvements to avoid unexpected system reboot and the daemon hanging and more
With USB Network Gate for Mac it is possible to:
* Connect remote USB devices to your Mac over network – Ethernet, Internet, LAN, WAN
* Share a USB device from your Mac with multiple computers
* Use USB devices on virtual machines & blade servers
* Access USB over RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)
* Share your device with anyone at any location
USB Network Gate is a cross-platform technology, which makes it possible to share USB devices over the network among Mac, Windows, and Linux computers.
Pricing and Availability:
USB Network Gate runs on Mac OS 10.7 and higher and costs $89.95 (USD) for sharing 1 USB device. Please note that USB Network Gate by Eltima is licensed according to the number of shared USB devices. Every server computer (where the device will be shared) requires a separate license. Client modules of USB Network Gate are free.
Eltima Software is a global software Development Company, specializing primarily in serial communication, mobile and flash software for Mac OS and Windows. Eltima Software delivers top-notch solutions having a friendly team of 40 professionals. Copyright (C) 2014 Eltima Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.