Cambridge, Massachusetts – Dear Panda today is proud to announce the release of Switcher for Mac OS X, an improved version of the built-in OS X “command-tab” application switcher. Switcher is a powerful application switcher for Mac OS X which gives users more information, more functionality and more customization than the built-in application switcher.
Switcher adds a number of features missing from the built-in app switcher, such as a tally of each app’s memory and CPU usage, as well as the ability to force-quit or restart apps with a single keystroke. Switcher also gives a visual indicator of which apps are hidden and which are active. Switcher can be configured to be invoked from the user’s choice of keyboard shortcuts, and to appear at the top, middle or bottom of the screen.
* See CPU load and memory usage when switching apps
* Quit or force-quit Apps directly from Switcher (requires free helper app)
* Restart Apps with one keystroke (requires free helper app)
* Visual indicator for hidden Apps
* Customize where on the screen the Switcher view is placed
* Compatible with Macs running OS X 10.9 or later
* Some features require a free helper app, SwitcherQuitter, available for download from the Switcher website.
Pricing and Availability:
Switcher 1.0 sells for an introductory price of $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. Members of the media can get a free copy of Switcher for review or evaluation by contacting Dear Panda and requesting a promo code.
Dear Panda L.L.C., makers of CourseNotes, is located in Cambridge, MA. With the needs of students in mind, Dear Panda aims to build tools that enable learning and collaboration using mobile and web technologies. Now on it’s third major release, CourseNotes is shifting from a simple note-taking app to a must-have classroom tool. For more information visit CourseNotes online. Copyright (C) 2010-2014 Dear Panda L.L.C.. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, Macintosh, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.