London, United Kingdom – Tidewater Software today is pleased to announce the release of Newton’s playground 2.0, an update to their entertainment app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Create and dynamically manipulate a gravitational system. Newton’s playground is an interactive application designed to allow users to manipulate a system of planets and use their movement to create beautiful patterns as the bodies interact.
The calculations are based on Sverre Aarseth’s n-body program to solve the equations of motion of many-bodies moving under gravity in 3-dimensions. The application is fully interactive, allowing the users to add and remove planets and manipulate the colours and mass dynamically, therefore directly seeing what effect they have on the evolving system.
* Accurate real-time animations of gravitational spherical-bodies
* Created in openGL for a full 3D experience
* Rotate, pan and zoom though a 3D universe
* Coloured trails showing the paths of the planets
* Share screenshots with friends
* Drag, flick, enlarge or follow a selected planet
* Dynamically add or remove planets from the system
Version 2.0 is a complete redesign from the first newton’s playground with a new user interface and interaction possibilities and the addition of an iPhone version.
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 for later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 11.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Newton’s Playground 2.0 is 1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Tidewater Software Ltd, is a software development company based in London. With a background in the mathematics of the telecoms industry, the company hones their skills to make creative interactive applications bringing nature to life. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Tidewater Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.