Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is happy to announce that Default Folder X 4.6.6 is available today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs delivers a number of important compatibility fixes.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs “work the way they should.” Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 4.6.6:
* The Command-D keyboard shortcut takes you to the Desktop instead of invoking the Duplicate command
* Corrected an issue that could cause some applications to save files with the wrong filename
* Fixed a problem where Default Folder X would try to set the tags on an item even if they hadn’t changed – This could lead OS X to ask for your password in order to change metadata when it was unnecessary
* Default Folder X’s rebound feature is now enabled in column view as well as icon and list view
* On some Macs, Default Folder X caused OS X to switch to the high performance GPU. This has been fixed
* The buttons in the Preview / Information / Tags window now show you which mode you’re in
* Eliminated warnings printed in the Console log when running on Yosemite
* Fixed scrambled text in Default Folder X’s AppleScript dictionary
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through Yosemite
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.6.6 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.