San Francisco, California – 128bit Technologies introduces version 1.3 of Candy Apple for Mac OS X, a tasty vector based graphic design and illustration app available on the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website. Also, for a limited time this new version is offered at 50% off to new customers. Current Candy Apple users can simply update for free through the Updates section of the App Store application on their Mac.
“Candy Apple is a popular new vector based graphic design app that, according to one of our more enthusiastic App Store reviewers, draws rings around iDraw and is much easier to use,” states Jason Hogrefe, President of 128bit Technologies. “We value the comments and suggestions of our Candy Apple customers, and work hard to continually provide regular bug fixes and feature enhancements to make this a best-in-class application.”
The new feature adds a “Close Path” option to the Object | Path menu, allowing you to close the path of any open Polygon, Path or Arc you have selected. A variety of bugs reported by customers were also fixed including Candy Apple not remembering the position of open windows and inspectors when closed and relaunched, paper color not being applied when doing a PDF export, the Preferences window not being visible in front of other open windows and inspectors, and more.
Perfect for novice or pros alike, Candy Apple lets anyone create drawings, logos, banners, buttons, icons and more. You can also edit and enhance photos, or convert images to draw-able vector paths. Take a bite and treat yourself to a full featured vector drawing application packed with professional tools and dynamic effects that will make every design a polished work of art. Candy Apple features include:
* Full vector support (including SVG import)
* Enhance pictures and add effects
* Draw illustrations and graphics
* Draw Rectangle, Oval, Round Rectangle, Round End Rectangle, Line, Polygon, Path, Freehand, Ring, Speech Balloon, and Arc
* Use what you create royalty free
* Convert text to a shape or path
* Adjust freehand drawing to create smooth looking paths
* Vectorize images to turn any photo into an editable graphic
* Add strokes (regular, arrowed, rough, zig-zag)
* Add fills (solid, gradient, pattern, zig-zag, hatch)
* Add text on a path
* Add an image to text
* Blend and mask effects
* Over 130 filters and effects
* Full layer support
* Boolean operation support to combine shapes
* Easily align multiple items on your canvas
* Rulers and guides make it easy to place items in the right location
* Snap to grid, snap to guides, or snap to other objects
* Zoom in or out to get every detail pixel perfect
* Export in fully editable vector PDF
* Export as an image (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF)
* Supports transparent backgrounds
* Extensive help file explains Candy Apple’s tools in detail
* And more
Pricing and Availability:
Candy Apple 1.3 is supported on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel, 64-bit) and higher, including Mavericks and is now available on both the Mac App Store and the MacAppware website, for a limited time discount of $14.99 (USD), a savings of 50% off the full price of $29.99.
MacAppware is a division of 128bit Technologies and a dedicated Mac software developer currently offering design, image editing and disk utility applications; unique commercial use font collections; and a carefully curated rotation of bundles and deals. Copyright (C) 2014 128bit Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.