Pleasantville, New York – Artgig Apps today is thrilled to announce the release and immediate availability of Drive About: Number Neighborhood, a new addition to their award-winning family of apps which includes Mystery Math Town, Mystery Math Museum, Shake-a-Phrase, Alien Buddies, Marble Math and Marble Math Junior. Designed for ages 5 and under, Drive About: Number Neighborhood gives kids a license to drive, fly and sail in a delightful world filled with early learning math activities.
Jayne Clare, Co-Founder Teachers With Apps, says “Artgig’s new app release, Drive About: Number Neighborhood, is so brilliant you have to wonder why no one thought of doing something like this before! It’s perfect for math readiness skills with 9 mini games, each enforcing a different concept in a different part of town.”
The mini games in the app include:
* Catch-a-Sea Pickle – tap the sea pickles displaying the target number
* Whale Feeding – use a slingshot to feed the whale the correct number of cabbages
* Cloud Writing – trace the numbers in the sky
* Construction Blocks – stack the blocks in order, to turn on the lights
* See-Saw – balance the animals on the see-saw with equal sums
* Space Vacuum – clean up and count shoes, donuts, marbles and more
* Number Painting – color by numbers to paint a masterpiece
* Cookie Bakery – play chef and decorate your cookies with matching toppings
* Snowboard Slalom – guide a snowboarding yak to touch the flags in order
The app is localized for Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian, so users outside of the U.S. can enjoy the game in their native language.
“We all have kids here and we wanted to get back to making games for our youngest children.” says Artgig President Matthew Kicinski. “One of our primary goals was to make an app that is super simple to navigate and offers opportunity for multiple play styles. With Drive About, kids are free to roam and explore with different vehicles, but they can also go directly to their favorite activities to play.”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later
* 246 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Drive About: Number Neighborhood 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Artgig Studio is an award-winning boutique interactive firm based in Westchester, NY. Artgig’s key employees first met while working together at Sunburst Technology, then a division of Houghton Mifflin Interactive, developing and producing educational tools and games for schools and children. In 2002, Matthew Kicinski launched Artgig with Steven Grosmark and Elisabeth Cherry. Other Artgig Apps include Mystery Math Town, Mystery Math Museum, Shake-a-Phrase, Alien Buddies, Marble Math, Marble Math Junior and Marble Math Lite: Multiplication. Copyright (C) 2014 Artgig Studio, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.