San Diego, California – LoryStripes, the specialized photo editing app known for its spectacularly curving 3-D graphic stripes and ribbons, offers a brand new deck of upgraded features for professional photographers, hobbyists and novices editing via iPhone or iPad devices.
Pixite LLC’s Version 1.2 upgrades for LoryStripes include three brand-new packs containing 30 fresh stripes with a wider array of eye popping curves, 3-D objects and abstract linear stripes, a collapsible stripe menu for more effective editing, higher resolution refining tools, more sophisticated masking, automatic edit saving and more sharing options.
Originally launched through a partnership with Pixite LLC and renowned Italian graphic designer Laurent Rosset, LoryStripes editing innovations allow users to transform ordinary photos into sharply styled, elegant artwork. Featured in the App Store’s Best New Apps section in over 111 countries, LoryStripes became one of the year’s “must have” apps in 2013.
“LoryStripes set the bar high from the very beginning with regard to both technology and artistic appeal,” said LoryStripes creator, Laurent Rosset. “We’re continuing that tradition with LoryStripes 1.2, propelling photo editing and enhancement into a new era of possibility. The graphic striping and ribbon components are stunning.”
LoryStripes 1.2 combines the award winning technology from Pixite LLC’s original endeavor with sophisticated but user friendly new features including:
* Three all new packs containing 30 brand new striping possibilities
* Collapsible stripe menu for faster, simpler shape navigation
* User preferred packs remain open for easier access during editing
* Smoother, more refined image edges via higher resolution texture tools
* Faster, more accurate masking for a highly polished finish
* Automatically saves last edits, even after time lapses
* New export and sharing options, including messaging, email, copying and printing
LoryStripes users can alter, enhance and embellish images by selecting from an array of beautifully structured graphic stripes and ribbons. Once chosen, these stripes and ribbons can be manipulated on a 3-D plane, creating visually arresting angles and superimpositions. Easily scale, position and tweak with standard finger gestures.
Photographers can experiment with a full palette of colors, shades and blends for the perfect edit. Real time eraser tools easily remove unwanted stripe or ribbon sections, allowing original image segments to shine through, or creating seamless and surreal “weaving” effects through windows, doorways or other objects.
Sophisticated techniques, previously available only to consumers through professional-grade advertising and artwork, are now easily accessible to LoryStripes 1.2 photographers.
To begin, users snap a new photo or select an existing photo from Camera Roll. After selecting a stripe or ribbon, users can make real-time modifications for the perfect fit and visual appeal. In progress edits can be saved through “ReStripe,” the LoryStripe feature allowing photographers to save drafts and build additional layers. Finished work can be shared via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter – or through messaging, copying, emailing or printing–with just a finger tap.
* 70 beautifully crafted stripes
* 210 stripe presets, or “Styles,” to quickly select preferred stripes
* 70 vibrant colors and 10 different shadings and blends for every stripe
* Complete customization via 3-D rotation, scaling and repositioning
* Highly precise masking tools for interweaving stripes and ribbons
* Restripe feature supports layering multiple stripes
* Sharing on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
* Export options like messaging, email, copying, and printing
* Browse real world LoryStripes creations in the Inspirations section
* iPhone or iPad with iOS 6.0 or later
* 20.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
LoryStripes is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo and Video category as a universal binary.
Located in San Diego, California, Pixite LLC was founded in 2009 and run by a small team of talented iOS developers. Pixite is focused on providing artists and photographers with professional tools that push the boundaries of artistry on mobile devices. Pixite has created Web Albums (highest rated Picasa Web app for four years running), Tangent (App Store Best of 2013, previous Editor’s Choice), LoryStripes (featured in 153 countries in iTunes), Fragment (#1 in the Top Paid iPad App, Photo and Video category) and Union (#1 Top Paid iPad App, Photo and Video category). All Material and Software (C) 2009-2014 Pixite LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.