Mountain View, California – Silicon Valley-based startup, Captionit Inc., announced today the release and immediate availability of Captionit 2.0, a major update to their fun and engaging entertainment app for iOS devices. Perfect for people who enjoy creating and consuming humorous content, Captionit allows users to play and create caption contests. Users provide their best caption for an image posted in the app. Other users can vote on captions, with the most popular caption appearing first.
“Captionit is the best way to get your daily laugh”, explained Alex Hofmann, Co-Founder of Captionit Inc. Hofmann states that “Captionit can really get your creative juices flowing.”
When users open the app, they’re presented with images that they can caption. After captioning an image, they can see how other users rate their caption. Users can review other images and captions; upload more images to be captioned, and share the captioned images using other social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
* Add your own captions to pictures
* Discover funny pictures with captions
* Win points for leaving funny and creative captions
* Upvote your favorite captions, and get to know cool people
* Create Polaroid-like picture frames, and share via Email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
* Save your favorite images to your photo gallery to enjoy wherever, whenever you like
Captionit 2.0 offers many new features such as:
* Users can now try out the app without logging in
* Users can now receive push notifications
* Users can now easily see for which images they’ve won the Caption Contest
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 6.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Captionit 2.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Founded in February 2014 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, Captionit Inc. specializes in offering users fun that they cannot find anywhere else. The company was founded by two guys who have the same name, were born on the same day, and who dream of creating a happier world. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Captionit Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.