Spokane, Washington – PhatWare Corp., a leading professional software application developer, has announced today the immediate release of WritePad 7.2, a new version of the popular note-taking and handwriting recognition software for iPads and iPhones. WritePad 7.2 features numerous improvements, all of which are based on feedback we received from WritePad users during the Macworld show last month. These features include support for Adonit Jot Touch 4 stylus, improved handwriting recognition, letter shape selector showing animation for all supported letter shapes, custom date formats, and numerous performance improvements.
WritePad, an advanced note-taker for iPads and iPhones, converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email or SMS, tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with major computing cloud services, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with Events, Contacts, Maps, and other apps.
WritePad is designed to deliver considerably faster note-taking, by offering multiple suggestions for words or phrases as notes are input in the user’s own handwriting. As a user writes, alternative recognition results and word completions are presented in a scrollable suggestion bar next to the text, allowing a user to select an alternative result if the initial translation of the handwriting was incorrect. With WritePad, users can:
* Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
* Improve productivity by using inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
* Improve overall handwriting recognition quality using WritePad’s Statistical Analyzer, which addresses common recognition errors. When enabled, this WritePad feature learns and adapts to the user’s handwriting style.
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Microsoft SkyDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Evernote, iCloud, and iTunes.
* Email, Tweet, print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
* The shorthand feature, which allows users to insert current date and time and repetitive text by writing a short name on the app’s input panel. Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as “22.3 15.66=” and WritePad will calculate the result.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 27.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WritePad 7.2 is available now in the iTunes App Store. WritePad is priced at $4.99 (USD) for iPad version, and $1.99 for iPhone version, however for first 3 days both versions are offered for only $0.99. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare’s website.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2014 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.