Tucson, Arizona – Welcome To Mars! FOR neXtSoft today is thrilled to announce the release of Missile Commander 1.2, an update to their popular game title for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Missile Commander is a difficult, and addictive game where you protect 6 cities from imminent nuclear destruction. In this update, a whole new world has been added – Mars. Having escaped your Earth bound enemies you settled on the red planet to begin teraforming. However, the imperialist government of your enemy is now looking to take your colonies for itself.
* Several bug fixes
* Improved graphics, especially for devices with more memory and faster processors
* Arcing missiles create a whole new challenge as they come in from the sides arcing toward their target
* Missiles fired from planes now correctly arc toward their targets
* Upgraded turrets now fire missiles which break in to smaller projectiles
* Each explosion is smaller, but they happen over a wider area
* New Achievements added
* New Music
* “Live” backgrounds – Watch the sunrise or set over Earth and Mars
* Sandstorms, battlefield smoke and drifting clouds have been added
* Your target system has been upgraded-Incoming missiles maintain a target lock for better visibility as they descend
* The game is faster and more difficult
* You must complete 6 waves on Earth for each difficulty you wish to unlock on Mars
* Play to wave 6 on Easy and Mars Easy mode unlocks, etc.
* Continue game has been improved significantly
Each game you begin is now saved. When you choose Continue Game you can pick which game to continue from a list. The list shows Difficulty, World and Last Wave. Facebook support has been added. Post achievements to Facebook at the end of each wave. Turn this on or off in the preferences. Posts are never automatically made. At the end of each wave you are shown how many direct hits, triple hits and double hits you have made.
Missile Commander General Information:
Defend your cities against an onslaught of enemy ICBMs. How fast are you? Missile Commander is a fast paced, difficult and addictive game that will have you waxing nostalgic. Fight off a bombardment of enemy weapons from missiles, planes and smart bombs.
Missile Commander offers 3 difficulty levels, making the game more hectic as you improve your ability to defend your cities. Games are automatically saved at the end of each level, so if you get a call or have to stop, you can pick it back up where you left off.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 153 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Missile Commander 1.2 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Missile Commander supports the four inch iPhone 5 screen as well as the iPhone 4s, and runs native on iPad.
FOR neXtSoft is a Tucson based software development firm. Copyright (C) 2014 FOR neXtSoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.