Boston, Massachusetts – Boris FX(TM), the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow solutions for video and film, announces Boris Continuum Complete 9 – a package of visual effects for NLE and compositing platforms on Windows and Mac OS X. Building on the strengths of previous BCC releases, version 9 adds over 30 new filters and transitions in key areas such as Image Restoration, Film, Stylize, Keying and Compositing, Lights, and Perspective. All BCC effects and presets can now be viewed in the new FX Browser(TM) window, which is integrated into every BCC filter or transition.
“Tools to create grungy, organic looks have been sorely missing in Adobe After Effects. The new BCC Grunge effect includes everything I need to create a “beautiful mess” in my broadcast graphics projects,” comments John Dickinson of MotionWorks.
“The BCC 9 FX Browser(TM) raises the bar for effect selection and previewing ,” says Kevin P. McAuliffe of MIJO International. “With time-accurate motion video preview of every effect, selecting the right look is a breeze.”
Boris Continuum Complete gives editors and visual artists the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. An expansive 200 filter collection includes 3D Objects, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, keys and mattes, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All filters take advantage of either Open CL, NVIDIA CUDA, multi-threading or OpenGL hardware acceleration for an interactive effects design experience.
Over 1,000 professionally designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC. All presets can be viewed in the new FX Browser(TM) window. Custom presets can be saved and shared among teams within the same organization or across the globe. Both static and animated BCC presets are supported in After Effects and Avid platforms. BCC is the only plug-in collection that allows easy VFX migration between Adobe, Avid, and Apple video editing software via Boris Transfer, which keeps parameters and key frame information intact.
“During BCC 9 development, our team was tasked with creating the best effects browser,” states Boris Yamnitsky, Founder and CEO of Boris FX. “The FX Browser(TM) is capable of not only previewing presets of the current filter, but also across the entire library, saving customers many frustrating trial and error steps. It shows the effects in full motion over video from the host timeline.”
* Stylize Group – BCC Grunge is packed with photo-realistic materials and textures and gives the user unlimited creative control over dirt, dust, bumpiness, and scratches; BCC Edge Grunge gives standard text or logos the etched look of real objects.
* Film Group – BCC Vignette mimics the soft feel of a camera lens projected on screen with added luminosity and defocus controls; BCC Two Strip Process is a one-stop solution for the highly saturated retro look of Hollywood’s first color films.
* Image Restoration Group – BCC Magic Sharp restores perfect contrast and makes blurry footage look its best; BCC Lens Correction is specifically tuned to remove fish-eye distortion – a must-have for a GoPro enthusiast.
* Keying and Composite Group – BCC Chromakey Studio combines Boris FX’s award-winning Chroma Key process into one new convenient filter that provides users with every pre/post green screen composite tool needed.
* Lights Group – BCC Laser Beam creates beams of light or strobing backgrounds in 3D space and includes a smoke/fog parameter that reacts to the beam as it is animated through 3D space. The filter uses AE’s built-in 3D lights and cameras in Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid use built-in 3D lights and cameras created by Boris FX.
* Perspective Group – BCC Pan and Zoom can now rotate images in 3D and offers cropping and other adjustment options.
* Transition Group – 20 new transitional effects bring the total number of transitions to over thirty. The new transitions are:
* Blobs Wipe, Grid Wipe, Rings Wipe, Blur Dissolve, Lens Distortion Wipe, Ripple Dissolve, Bright Flash Dissolve, Lens Flare Dissolve, Tile Wipe, Checkers WipeLens Flare Spiked, Toner Dissolve, Composite Dissolve, Lens Flash Round,Twister, Damaged TV Dissolve, Light Wipe, Vector Blur Dissolve, Film Glow Dissolve, Rays Dissolve, Vignette Dissolve, Flutter Cut,Ribbon Wipe,Water Waves Dissolve
* FX Browser(TM) is integrated with each BCC 9 filter or transition. In addition, a special BCC FX Browser(TM) filter is available for browsing the entire BCC effects library.
* Open CL and NVIDIA CUDA Acceleration. BCC 9 leapfrogs past technologies with cross-platform NVIDIA GPU acceleration for all compatible graphics cards. Popular filters such as Lens Blur, Film Glow or Film Process render 2X faster than before.
* Adobe Premiere. Mercury engine integration and single track Transitions are available for Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
* Expanded HTML Documentation. BCC 9 now features an overhauled online documentation system filled with examples, tutorials, and product tips.
Pricing and Availability:
BCC 9 AE will be available in April 2014 for $995 USD (MSRP). Owners of previous versions of BCC AE may upgrade for $295 USD (MSRP). A monthly rental license will also be available for $99 per month with a rent-to-own option after an initial 12-month rental period. BCC 9 AE will support Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro from the Adobe Creative Cloud collection.
BCC 9 AVX will be available in April 2014 for $1995 USD (MSRP). Owners of previous versions of BCC AVX may upgrade for $599 USD (MSRP). A monthly rental license will also be available for $185 per month with a rent-to-own option after an initial 12-month rental period. BCC AVX 9 will be compatible with Avid Media Composer and Symphony.
BCC 9 OFX will be available in May 2014 for $695 USD (MSRP). Owners of previous versions of BCC OFX may upgrade for $195 USD (MSRP). A monthly rental license will also be available for $99 per month with a rent-to-own option after an initial 12-month rental period. BCC 9 OFX will support Black Magic Resolve and Sony Vegas Pro host applications.
BCC 9 FxPlug will be available in June 2014 for $695 USD (MSRP). Owners of previous versions of BCC FxPlug may upgrade for $195 USD (MSRP). A monthly rental license will also be available for $99 per month with a rent-to-own option after an initial 12-month rental period. BCC 9 FxPlug will support FCP X and Motion 5 host applications.
Customers who purchase BCC 8 as of February 1, 2014 are eligible to receive a free upgrade to BCC 9.
For a limited time, owners of GenArts Sapphire will be eligible to cross-grade to BCC 9 AE for $295 USD or BCC 9 AVX for $599 (limit two cross-grade licenses per customer).
Boris FX will demonstrate BCC 9 at NAB 2014 (April 7-10, Las Vegas, NV, USA), booth SL 4228.
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company’s success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Boris FX. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.