Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to announce that Default Folder X 4.6.4 is available today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs corrects compatibility issues with a number of popular applications.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs “work the way they should.” Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 4.6.4:
* The initial folder in a file dialog is now set more intelligently in many applications, including Mail, Sublime Text, Pages, Microsoft Word, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Excel, InDesign and Photoshop
* File dialogs in Carbon applications no longer occasionally switch away from a folder after Default Folder X switches to it
* A visual glitch with the path popup menu in save dialogs of iCloud-aware applications has been fixed
* Fixed a problem with the rebound feature that could result in nothing being selected
* Corrected a bug that sometimes caused the Save button to stop working in Save As dialogs
* Fixed a conflict with TypeIt4Me, Typinator, Keyboard Maestro and other macro utilities that automatically type text into the filename field of Save dialogs
* Changed the way Default Folder X does some of its tracking of recent folders to avoid a possible conflict with Leister Productions’ Reunion
* When Default Folder X prompts for your password, you no longer have to click on the dialog before typing it
* Fixed a conflict with OmniOutliner 4 that would cause its Export dialog to hang
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through Mavericks
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.6.4 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.