Eindhoven, Netherlands – The AlgoCoil software company today is thrilled to announce their v1.2 release of LiveHistory, a genealogy app for the iPad, with features that extend its data model with biographical facts such as where people lived, and with whom. The app offers unique dynamic visualizations which let the user scroll through entire trees, switch roots, focus on persons or households, and even browse through time.
Index filtering and sorting:
Today’s update of LiveHistory adds enhanced index search to find people who live(d) in a given year, are within given age limits in that year, and have a specific gender (m/f/u). Abbreviated forms and combinations of the search string are allowed. For example, a search term like “90-” searches for people older than 90 who live today.
For further special focus, the list of persons can be shown in different orders: alphabetical by surname, by birth date (in fact: the year a name of the person was first used), and sorted by birthday (month/day).
Forecasting of a genealogy:
The Forecasting feature of LiveHistory computes predictions of all missing dates in the genealogy, and displays them in gray font. To achieve plausible results that are simultaneously consistent with the known facts – spanning multiple generations – in the database, the forecasting engine consults a built-in rule-bank containing consistency rules, and statistics about life-time, typical age at marriage etc.
* Standalone iPad App: no desktop companion product. Works without a network connection
* Gedcom import: Gedcom files (.ged or .GED) mailed to you can be imported and merged
* Supported data in this version: Person, Household, Life Partner, Adoption, Occupation, Venue, Residence, Official Name, Portrait
* Freeform text notes attached to each event data item
* Selectable Viewing Date: browsing through time with the Time-Slider
* Dynamic continuous Ancestry/Descendants scrolling
* Freely selectable Ancestry/Descendants root, no need for multiple “files”
* Forecasting of unknown dates: based on consistency and informal statistics
* Consistency Guidance: rule-based, multiple generations
* Import and cropping of portrait photos from the standard iPad “Photos” App, or camera
* Smart data entry for venues: places, residences, and premises. Supports premises name and local sub-address
* Quick-Select of persons and households during editing
* Browser chart views: Person, Ancestry, Household
* Browser navigation: Person index, in-chart taps and dragging
* Person Index view: sorted by name, birth/naming date, birthday.
* Person Index search: by name, year-of-interest, min age, max age, gender.
* Editors: Person, Household, Venue, Date, Portrait, Notes
* Editor navigation: jump to related editors
* English (Currently)
* Compatible with iPad-2 (2011) and later
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* App size: 3.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
LiveHistory genealogy 1.2 is offered at a price of $7.99 USD or equivalent amount in other currencies and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Promo-codes for reviewers are available.
AlgoCoil is a Netherlands-based software company founded in 2011 by Roel P. de Jong, former research scientist at Philips. The company specializes in the development and application of non-trivial algorithms to enhance user-experience and productivity. Since its start, the company has been focusing on LiveHistory, a genealogy/biography application that aims to popularize and shift the scope of traditional genealogy. Copyright (C) 2011-2014 AlgoCoil. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.