Cupertino, California – Parents who want to sharpen their 2 to 5 year old child’s reasoning skills and awaken their intelligence in an amazing exploratory and evolving digital playground, can now download the new app Busy Shapes – selected as a worldwide App Store Editor’s Choice – from the globally-renowned educational development app company Seven Academy.
Inspired by the pioneering works of famed Swiss scientist and intelligence expert Jean Piaget (1896-1980), Busy Shapes helps children improve their ability to handle simple objects through a series of puzzles, in which they must change simple shapes and place them in proper holes. Along the way, the app responds to each child’s actions with positive guidance and motivation. Plus, the app’s digital exploratory playground regularly refreshes with different objects, which keeps children interested and engaged.
Special features include:
* A special kid-friendly design that compensates for the fact that when young children hold an iPad or iPhone, they often have a finger touching the screen.
* Passing swipe control that is essential for young childrens’ quick hands (i.e. even if a child’s finger reaches an object after he or she was already touching the screen, the object is still grasped as intended).
* A powerful Artificial Intelligence (AI) engine that supports each child’s unique learning journey. For example, the AI tracks the time it takes each child to complete a level, and increases or decreases difficulty accordingly.
* Customizable guided access, which prevents children from exiting the app by pressing the home button. This feature also disables selected parts of the screen for safety and protection.
* Real-time monitoring that provides parents with advice on how to guide their children, while it offers them progress updates via Apple’s Game Center.
* A seamless interactive game area that never blocks or limits children, and lets them freely access shapes. The menu is also neatly hidden away.
* A built-in shock absorber that prevents a child’s poorly controlled or disruptive movements from crashing the app.
* Automatic memory of a child’s place in any particular game, which makes the app an ideal complement to physical play and for shorter games.
As Jean Piaget points out, children are little scientists! commented Nathalie Gauthier of Seven Academy. A child’s thoughts are built through experiences that encourage him or her to engage in the reasoning process. Thus, we set out to develop a simple and effective platform, and provide a playground of fun discoveries. Busy Shapes’ innovative scaleable platform for evolving experimentation lets children take advantage of the time they spend on touch screens – so they aren’t just having fun, but learning every second of the way.
Added Nathalie Gauthier: Beyond Busy Shapes’ astonishing visual and audible features, children can also design their first reasoned strategies and truly take their budding intelligence to a higher level!
Busy Shapes is available now in the App Store. The app is available in: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Greek, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Turkish, Russian, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Vietnamese, Thai, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 31.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Busy Shapes 1.0.3 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Seven Academy designs ad-free applications to help children learn while they have fun. The company’s apps feature: learning paths defined by education experts; amusing game scenarios developed by game designers; rewards to inspire children and teach them new skills and values; and clear audio instructions to help children become self reliant.
Seven Academy’s apps Artificial Intelligence was inspired by leading-edge developmental robotics, and features a special module that constantly summarizes a child’s usage, practice and progress, and adjusts to create a unique and personalized learning curve. Parents and educators can also log into a secure web dashboard via any device to discover real-time information on a child’s practice and progress, get experts advice to help a child learn and grow – while having fun, personalize games to adapt to a child’s tastes and interests, set-up a custom email alert to be informed after each event and get involved and suggest future improvements and enhancements via the Seven Academy Online Community. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Seven Academy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.