Brisbane, Australia – Efecto today is pleased to announce the release of Convertible 2, a significant update to their popular and unique unit conversion tool. Version 2.0 introduces much requested support for the iPad as well as iOS 7 refinements and a number of interface improvements and bug fixes.
The update adds native iPad support similar to the iPhone laytout but with larger fonts, buttons and a good use of the available space. Future iPad releases will build on this by adding iPad specific features such as history, advanced favoriting and extended keyboards. Convertible is recognised for its beautiful theme selection and use of colorful themes based on locations around the world. Version 2.0 adds four new themes, Mykonos II, Kenya, Istanbul and Provence. With iOS 7′s clean new look, these new themes are simply stunning.
Swipe gestures have also been included to improve access to the number pad and the drop down lists. Swiping up on the unit detail now presents the number pad view, swiping down from this view hides the number pad again. The Unit Type, Category and Unit lists can now be accessed by swiping down on the selected item to reveal the list. Selecting an item once again hides the list.
Convertible differentiates itself from other unit conversion apps with its simple to use interface and its extensive range of both standard and unusual, non-standard conversion units. Convertible’s unique aspect comes from it’s ability to present arbitrary data in a real world context. For example: Comparing a building’s floor area with parking spaces, tennis courts, or Manhattan city blocks; Comparing large distances with familiar object lengths such as the length of US Interstate 90, the Nile River, or the Earth to the Moon; Measuring the mass of an object with everyday objects such as AA Batteries, Apples, or iPhones;
* Beautifully designed, intuitive interface with a unique stye of navigation
* Categorized conversion units allowing quick access to specific conversion types
* Extremely large and small measurements handled with ease (e.g. how many protons to the mass of the Sun)
* Wide range of units available to convert to and from, everything from atomic to galactic in scale
* 159 international currency conversions categorized by geographic region with up to date lookup of latest indexes
* 14 themes inspired by locations around the world
* Conversion sharing via clipboard, email, text message, Twitter and Facebook
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 2.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Convertible 2.0 is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Based in Brisbane, Australia, Efecto Pty Ltd was founded by Douglas Buchanan who has worked in software design and development since the late 80′s. Efecto Pty Ltd (formerly Efecto) has been providing commercial grade software solutions since 1999. In recent years Efecto has focused on web and mobile application development including iOS apps. Copyright (C) 2008-2013 Efecto Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.