Cary, North Carolina – Remoter Labs today is proud to announce the release of Remoter VNC 4.0.0 for iOS, an update to their productivity app that allows users to remotely control Macs, Windows or Linux PCs using the VNC or RDP standards, right from their iOS devices. Remoter now has a thumb-friendly virtual trackpad to precisely control of the mouse cursor. Sound redirection, RDP, Telnet and SSH which also allows for secure VNC/RDP over SSH, are available as in-app purchases.
Version 4.0.0 has enhanced external keyboard support for iOS 6. Other enhancements include a new Thumb-Friendly Trackpad, RDP Font Smoothing and lots of stability improvements.
The app offers one of the fastest implementations of the VNC and RDP protocols on the iOS platform, full support for external keyboards and retina display support and the new iPad.
Setup is ultra-simple with the optional RemoterFusion add-on. Port-forwarding and/or dynamic DNS is no longer needed in order to establish connections from outside the computer’s network. This add-on also provides sound redirection, which allows listening to music tracks, or any sound playing remotely on the computer from the iOS device. RemoterFusion is optional and can be tested for free for 24 hours.
Otherwise, local session set-up is still simple, all the computers from the WiFi network are found using both the Bonjour and NetBIOS standards. The user then taps on the desired connection, and all queried information such as computer name, IP address, service port, and more auto-populates the set-up screen. The user then only needs to enter the VNC password to complete setup.
The RDP add-on allows connecting to Windows (including the latest Windows 8 builds) computers that include an RDP server (Remote Desktop Protocol). This allows connecting to these machines without having to install a server, as is the case with VNC.
Wake-on-LAN support is also built-in, when the server session is setup using Bonjour or NetBIOS, the MAC address is automatically populated. Otherwise the field is provided to allow the user to populate it manually. Wake-on-LAN can then be sent either from the main screen of the app, or via the session selection screen. Macros can also be created and run. Macro support is included for VNC, RDP, SSH and Telnet sessions, and a Macros manager allows for renaming and deleting of existing macros.
Sessions can be stored and restored using the new CloudSync manager. The sessions can be restored on any device owned by the user. Cloud storage is handled by Dropbox.
What’s New in Version 4.0.0:
* Sideways (thumb-friendly) Virtual Trackpad
* CloudSync Improvements
* SSH/Telnet: New font and multiple improvements
* RDP: Added font smoothing support / session editor option. And more
* VNC: Updated engine and rendering speed
* RemoterFusion: Can connect even if not registered
* Machine Discovery: Multiple fixes and improvements
* iOS6 External Keyboard Support enhancements
* Multiple crash fixes
* External Keyboard Handling Fixes
* Machine Discovery slowdowns fixed
* Update to correct Remoter icon badge count issues
* Fixes for multi-monitor support over RemoterFusion
* Improved RemoterFusion audio
* Now rectangle, and multi-monitor should work again.
* Simplified, fixed HUD. Notify when switching monitors as well
* Fixed issues when deleting items (SSHKeyManager, PasswordManager)
* Fix for terminal follow cursor so that the cursor is only followed if it actually changes coordinates.
* Better iOS6 External Keyboard support!: All keys, keyboard repeat, etc.
* Compatible with Mac Screen Sharing, UltraVNC for Windows, VNC on Linux
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch! Buy once, run on all your devices! iOS 5.0 and up!
* Support for sound/music redirection from your Mac and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion add-on
* Support for RDP (even Windows 8) (and NLA), SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels via In-App purchases
* Advanced URL invocation system (see http://goo.gl/QvJZ1)
* Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, dragging and scrolling! Four trackpad modes (New: thumb friendly trackpad)
* SSH public-key authentication with SSH Key manager (import, generate, email, copy to clipboard your SSH keys)
* Support for recording and running Macros!
* UltraVNC MS Login Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
* Wake-on-Lan Support
* Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
* Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
* Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: “Fit Height”, “Fit Width” and “1:1″
* Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
* Fullscreen mode
* Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
* Backup and Restore your sessions to/from Dropbox with the CloudSync Manager!
English, Bokmal, Norwegian, German, Italian, Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 5.0, 6.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 21.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Remoter VNC 4.0.0 is now at the special price of $0.99 (USD), and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. In-app purchases are available that enhance the functionality of Remoter VNC. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Cary, North Carolina, Remoter Labs was founded by Raf Cabezas in May, 2010. The company seeks to produce high quality software while maintaining a very low price point. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Remoter Labs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Ltd.