Mumbai, India – Mumbai, India – Touchzing Media, a new iOS app development company, is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of their second iPad app, World War I Interactive 1.0. This is one of the most comprehensive apps devoted to one the biggest conflicts of all time: World War 1. The app is designed exclusively for the iPad screen. With rare photos, videos, audio, interactive timelines, articles, this World War 1 iPad app is the ideal choice for anyone who wants to read or learn about WW1 history.
The app brings action from the Great War right in front of the user. A user can read about the major battles, events and leaders of the First World War in detail. Interactive timelines for the events leading to the war, for every year of the war from 1914-1918 and events after the war, help the user understand every aspect of the war. The user can view photos, watch rare video clips and listen to audio clips from WW1.
The App is divided into 7 periods: Events leading to the war, the 5 years of the war (1914-1918) and the post war world. All the major battles and events (from every theater of the war) are summarized in detail. Topics covered include roots of the war, Balkan wars, assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, Mons, Tannenberg, Galicia, Marne, Race to the Sea, Ypres, Sarikamish, Gallipoli, Zeppelin raids, Sinking of Lusitania, Russian retreat, Kut, Verdun, Asiago, Jutland, Somme, Russian revolution, Entry of the United States, Passchendaele, Lys, Hundred days offensive, German revolution, Treaty of Versailles, etc. and many more. The important leaders, generals, small events/battles, etc. have all been covered.
* Ideal for anyone above age 12: students, adults and history enthusiasts alike
* Gives a complete overview of the First World War without overloading with unnecessary information
* Extremely easy to navigate, use, read and understand. Better than reading a book
* Features a complete index making it easy to jump to any section at any time
* Wonderfully designed with pictures, videos and sounds
* Over 1200 amazing photographs with a Photo Features section featuring leaders, soldiers, life in war, artillery, naval warfare, air power, posters, memorials, art, etc.
* 7 extensive timelines for events leading to the war, for every year of the war from 1914-1918 (monthwise) and for events post war
* 40 rare video clips depicting action from the battlefields and elsewhere
* 5 audio clips including music, speeches, etc.
* All the major battles and events are summarized in detail
* Requires iPad with iOS 4.3 or later
* 434 MB
Pricing and Availability:
World War I Interactive 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. One can watch the demo video of the World War I iPad app on its website.
Touchzing Media was started in 2012 to develop educational coffee table apps for the iPad and other devices. Currently it is developing more apps on history. Copyright (C) 2013 Touchzing Media. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.