Berlin, Germany – Zerodebug today is thrilled to announce d(- -)b 1.0.0, the first Modular DJ App for the iPad. Made by the team behind touchAble, the popular controller app for Ableton Live, d(- -)b provides endless possibilities for DJs with an iPad. Its modular approach lets the app adapt to the user, not the other way around.
DJs can choose from pre-installed templates or create their own interface with up to 6 decks – on one or several pages – making it the perfect tool for any use-case. The comprehensive in app editor makes it simple to configure your very own DJ setup. The numerous modules include everything a DJ needs, and allow for an incredible amount of flexibility and customization.
With beautiful color-coded waveforms instead of fake vinyl platters and accurate tools for both worlds of beat-matching: Grid & Sync or Pitch & Nudge – it opens the door to a whole new world of touchable DJing. With support for Multi-Route Audio, d(- -)b turns the iPad into into a professional DJ setup – powerful, customizable, portable.
* Custom browser with access to the iTunes library
* Ultra low-latency touchable waveform with spectrum color-coding
* Comprehensive in-app editor lets you create your own interfaces with up to 6 decks – on one or several pages
* Track analysis with automatic tempo and grid detection
* Manually grid tracks if the detection is off
* 4 cue points per deck
* 3 band EQ with kill switches
* Optional limiter with variable headroom
* EQ Snap and EQ “Magic Triangle”
* Pitch coarse & fine faders for 10% / 1% pitch control
* Loops from 1/64th to 8 bars
* Loop roll while track keeps playing
* Listen to the dry/wet monitor signal on headphones while recording the main stereo mix – without multi-route or split-audio
* Wide range of settings make the app less restrictive, more customizable
d(- -)b directly supports Stereo-Pre-Cueing: Effortlessly multi-route audio to precue tracks in stereo. Works with any class-compliant audio device via USB and the iPad Camera Connection Kit. Split output audio to do mono monitoring.
“We waited a long time for a professional DJ application for the iPad, and ended up doing it ourselves. We are very happy to finally share this with the public,” states Christian Blomert, head of development.
d(- -)b is just at the beginning of its journey and will be updated regularly. The already impressive list of planned features spans audiobus support, MIDI mappings, MIDI Clock aswell as several Effects.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 3.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
d(- -)b 1.0.0 is offered at the introductory price of $9.99 USD (Reg $16.99) or equivalent amount in other currencies, and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in Berlin, Germany, Zerodebug (formerly known as AppBC), is a little company specialized into iOS music apps. Copyright (C) 2013 Zerodebug. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.