Boston, Massachusetts – Pictional today is proud to announce the release of True HDR 2.6, an update to TrueHDR, the popular iPhone/iPad app for high dynamic range (HDR) photography. TrueHDR’s latest release is optimized for iPhone 5′s larger screen, and has added capabilities of instagram sharing, photo printing, and processing up to 18 megapixel photos such as those imported from high-end DSLRs. TrueHDR is on 50% sale for limited time.
True HDR is one of a highly select group of apps featured by Apple in the App Store Hall of Fame, App Store Essentials – Camera & Photography, and has been picked as an App Store staff favorite. It has also been featured by MacWorld, TUAW, Mashable, Gizmodo, and Wired.
True HDR is designed to address the issue that cameras can only capture a limited range of brightness in a single photo. In other words, when people take photos of a scene that has a large range from bright to dark, they often have to choose between the bright areas and the dark areas. True HDR enables users to take two pictures at different exposures, automatically aligns the pictures, and then takes the best features of each and merges them into one picture that has vivid colors and details in both the shadows and sunny areas.
Users can use True HDR 2.6 to capture HDR photos on an iPhone/iPad, or to process up to 18 mega-pixel photos imported from high-end cameras. The app outputs a high resolution and high dynamic range photo that can be easily edited with the built-in sliders and filters. The output can be shared via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or printed directly from within the app.
* Handles up to 18 mega-pixel photos on iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 and above
* Easy, fully-automatic capture with AutoCapture mode
* Greater control over exposure points with SemiAuto capture mode and Manual mode
* Sliders and filters – easily make adjustments to the merged HDR photos to get the final image just the way you prefer. Even If you use high mega-pixel original images, the sliders and filters handle the full resolution.
* Automatically saves original images for use with desktop HDR programs if desired
* Full support for both front and back facing camera in all three modes (AutoCapture, SemiAuto, and Manual)
* Supports geo-tagging
* Uses state-of-the-art techniques to automatically align and merge photos
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Email, PhotoAppLink)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 5.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
True HDR 2.6 is on 50% sale at $0.99 for a limited time. It is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Promo codes for review purposes are available upon request.
Pictional LLC, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is dedicated to creating computational photography and imaging applications. Applications and algorithms developed by Pictional are based on the solid foundations of computer vision and signal processing. Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Pictional LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.