San Francisco, California – ShowScoop is proud to announce today its ShowScoop Concerts app for the iPhone, available at the iTunes store. Music fans can discover tour dates, rate how bands perform live, share photos, and record concert experiences on the free mobile application.
The ShowScoop mobile app provides the following unique features:
* The app allows users to rate bands on a scale of 1 to 5 across categories like stage presence and sound quality
* Users can upload concert photos, apply filters to the images and post to their ShowScoop and Instagram accounts
* Asymmetrical following allows users to follow friends, artists or influential tastemakers to keep up with up-and-coming acts
* Users can like, comment on and share their reviews on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
“There isn’t anything that taps into the wisdom of crowds and allows users to quantitatively assess a show. Right now I can watch YouTube videos or read blogs to see if an artist puts on a good live show,” said Micah Smurthwaite, founder of ShowScoop. “That’s a lot of work if I am trying to make a festival schedule, or if I’m trying to decide wether to see the opening act. Once enough reviews get posted, it will be easy to lookup an artist profile and instantly know if the artist is a good live show or not.”
When a user searches for an artist profile the result is a listing of reviews and the bands overall average score. Also available on an artist’s profile page are user-uploaded photos and upcoming tour dates. By incorporating asymmetrical following into the app, it becomes a social network where users can follow their friends to see what show they’ve attended.
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 10.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShowScoop Concerts 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
ShowScoop is an online concert-going community based in San Diego, Calif. that allows users to keep track of and review concerts, artists and festivals they have attended, as well as create a music network to see their friends’ reviews. For fans, ShowScoop provides a platform for fans to capture their concert experience and share it with their friends. For artists, ShowScoop is a place to promote their tour and connect with fans. Launched in August 2012, ShowScoop provides value to all constituencies in the concert industry: artists, venues, ticket distributors and principally the consumer. Copyright (C) 2012-2013 ShowScoop. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.