Peoria, Illinois – Onomaly Software has announced the 4.0 release of DrakeEQ. This fun simulator harnesses the presentation power of the iPhone and the elegance of the Drake Equation to graphically quantify the number of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy. Learn about the Drake Equation and easily perform beautiful thought experiments with this one-of-a-kind visual tool that tackles the question: Are we alone? DrakeEQ is both educational and entertaining.
* Learn about the famous Drake Equation through direct manipulation of its seven parameters
* Easily tweak the Drake Equation variables using fun drop-down manipulators
* Enter parameter numbers with the keyboard
* Highlight the solar system
* Display the average distance between civilizations
* Change star system colors
* Tweet results on Twitter
* iPhone 5 optimized
* Great on iPhone 4/4S too
* Amazing 3D Milky Way galaxy in motion
* Retina graphics
* Precise controllers for fractional parameters
* Solar system locator
* Multiple viewing angles
* Galaxy graphics responds to touch gestures
* Many more
* US English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Dutch, Korean, Russian, French, Italian, and Spanish
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPod touch 4th Generation or later
* iOS 5.0 or later
* 2.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DrakeEQ 4.0.0 is $0.99 USD and available worldwide through the App Store in the Education category.
With headquarters in Illinois, Onomaly LLC was founded in 2008 to effective, elegant, entertaining apps that raise eyebrows for Apple iOS. Onomaly LLC offers DrakeEQ and several other well-reviewed apps through the App Store. Other Onomaly apps that have received national media attention are notepiler 9 and Vow Box. Copyright (C) 2013 Onomaly LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPhone, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.