Sophia Antipolis, France – Roadster 1.2 is a brand new concept in mileage tracking applications as it automatically records all of your trips. Essential for all professionals who use their vehicle for business trips, it minimizes the risk of oversights and saves valuable time by calculating mileage allowances and IRS deductions. The app is free starting December 14th and for the holidays season!
Your iPhone is always with you and can be deployed as be the perfect tool for keeping mileage records. With the surge in oil prices over the past several years, your business or pleasure travels quickly generates significant costs, and with the tax season rolling around, it can be savvy to track your mileage which may be reimbursed by companies or deducted from income tax. Roadster is the essential mileage app for employees, self-employed individuals and business owners who use their personal vehicle for work. This iPhone application allows you to record all trips automatically and accurately, mileage expense management immediately becomes easier, faster and more efficient.
Save time and money with great features:
The application offers a number of other unique and helpful features: it auto-fills departure and destination addresses. It categorizes your trips as business, charity or medical, making it the perfect tool for your IRS deductions or expense reports. Reports can then be emailed or shared via iTunes file sharing as .csv files for seamless import into Excel or Numbers.
Simple and easy:
Using Roadster is seamless: as simple as doing nothing, no need to start and stop recordings or to report your odometer readings. Since your iPhone is always with you it becomes the perfect tool for keeping your mileage records.
Peace of mind:
Roadster relieves you from the tedious task of manually recording because it never forgets to record your trips. Working in the background, the application records all your trips, automatically, with absolutely no user interaction. The application is always on (even after a phone restart), it monitors your moves, analyzes them and decides whether or not a road trip should be recorded.
* Automatic trip recording: starts and stops recordings as you move
* Power optimized GPS trip recording function (can operate on battery**)
* Real time visualization of your current trip on the map
* Spreadsheet (Excel-Numbers) compatible reports (.CSV)***
* Trips log editor: allows edition, deletion, merge of trips from your log book
* Can automatically determine departure and destination addresses
* Definable Point of Interest (POI) or favorite places database
* Automatically determines how to categorize your trips
* Fully interoperable with other navigation applications
* Automatically restarts in all conditions (even after low battery conditions, or after the phone has been switched off and on)
* Start and stop trip recording notifications
* Never run out of battery: the application permanently monitors and adjusts power consumption and switches to low power operation as soon as the charge of your battery is too weak
** For average daily commute. Extended trips may require in car charger.
*** In-App purchase option.
English and French
* iPhone (3GS/4/4S/5), iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 8.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Roadster 1.2 is free for the holiday season and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category.
With more than 10 years experience in mobile communications, working with market leaders such as Nokia, Samsung, LG and Motorola, Iota-Works designers are now venturing into inovative mobile apps for work. Roadster is the first application from a full product line-up of applications for professionals wishing to optimize and simplify their business operations. Copyright (C) 2012 Iota-Works. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.