Foster City, California – Inius today is pleased to announce Stillpoint 1.2 free for iOS, an update to their health and fitness app that provides users with the opportunity to easily enjoy relaxing and meditative states by listening to specific audio stimuli. Featuring audio tracks to help induce gentle Focus (e.g. chimes), carefully recorded Soundscapes (e.g., waterfall) that capture the stillness of nature, and advanced, binaural Brain Beats (e.g. computer-generated sounds) to promote specific brainwaves, the app offers unprecedented flexibility in programming, sound quality, and profound results. Unlike similar apps, Stillpoint allows the user to create their own personalized audio session lasting from 2 minutes to 24 hours, and permits custom, simultaneous mixing of Focus, Soundscapes, and Brain Beats content.
* Sessions are fully customizable – combine Soundscape, Chime, and Brain Beats
* User controlled duration, repetition, with 3 independent level settings
* Users can save their settings in visual bookmarks
* Soundscapes always start playing from random points, so sessions are never the same
* Brain Beats in Stillpoint change as the session progresses. Most applications with binaural beats just loop a small snippet of a recorded beat. Stillpoint actually starts the beats at the beta level of alertness and then transitions down to the target frequency, holds it there for the majority of the session, and then returns the user to an alert beta frequency at the end, making the experience much richer
* A built-in Help system steps the user through the main functions of the app
* In app purchase content can be previewed from within the app before purchase
* Stillpoint allows the user to control whether cellular data should be used for downloading supplemental content
* Stillpoint allows the user to control whether anonymous usage data is sent to Inius to help make the app better
* Chimes can be set at intervals of 30, 45, 60, 120, 180, 240 or 300 seconds
* Each session starts with a visual and audio countdown to help the user get prepared (this can be turned off)
* Works on all recent iOS devices
With simple controls, users can independently adjust the volume of each of the three sound sources, and personally designed tracks can be named and saved. The app encourages experimentation, and it provides a complete list of all available audio in each category of its sound library.
The primary goal of Stillpoint is to help people relax, and hopefully meditate, by providing a rich audio environment based on nature recordings. On top of this are chimes, common in meditation, that add richness to the recordings and help people bring their attention back to the moment if their minds wander (e.g., every 30 seconds a chime sounds as a reminder to return to mindfulness).
Soundscapes are the core of the app. These nature recordings are made on location in some of the most remote, pristine corners of the world. The challenge of recording high-quality nature sounds is not to be underestimated, as the location where a recording is made must be completely free of man-made sounds like airplanes, automobiles, trains, and machinery, and must even be free of distractions like barking dogs, and hikers passing by. Thus, finding the ideal location often involves hours of travel into remote areas of the wilderness, and much trial and error, because seemingly remote areas may be under flight paths or near other unforeseen artificial sounds.
Most recordings of bird sounds are recorded beginning at first light, when birds start to become active and vocal, which means arriving at the recording site in the dark in order to be fully setup and prepared when the action begins. Inius Soundscapes are recorded in 24-bit digital audio to capture the full breadth of the aural environment. The sounds are then edited and mastered in a digital studio environment to create the polished sound that goes into their final products. About 70% of recorded material is discarded, and only the best and cleanest audio goes into the Soundscape. These have been recorded in areas of the continental United States, New Zealand, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Alaska.
Brain Beats, known as Binaural Beats or Brainwave Entrainment help users reach the right mental state to get the most out of their session (must be used with headphones or ear buds). Alpha and theta waves, in particular, are associated with relaxation, meditation, and creativity. The Brain Beats nudge the user’s EEG from wakeful, and possibly stressed, beta waves, down to the alpha and theta frequencies found in people who are relaxed or meditating.
“Stillpoint is an exciting new app for relaxation. In this hustle and bustle world Stillpoint creates an audio oasis you can escape to when you need to get away from it all,” stated Kane Dijkman of Inius, Inc. “Combining high quality nature Soundscapes, unique Focus chimes and researched Brain Beats, Stillpoint gives you a place to relax and regain your balance, your center.”
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later (iOS 6 tested)
* 123 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Stillpoint 1.2 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category. Additional audio tracks are available as an in-app purchase.
Based in California, Inius, Inc. was founded by Kane Dijkman in 2000. It is currently a one-person company devoted to iOS application development, with a focus on apps that can improve the quality of people’s lives. Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Inius, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.