Sophia Antipolis, France – Award-winning children’s app developer L’Escapadou today announces that Montessori Numbers, an innovative educational app for iPad, has been put on special offer and the price reduced by 66% ($0.99) for a limited time. This special offer is to celebrate 10K units sold since its August launch.
Montessori Numbers has won many accolades including:
* Children’s Technology Review: Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design – rated 4.8/5 – “This is a must-have app, for any early learning setting” –
* NBC News : “A fantastic app for helping the young students understand the relationship between numbers and the quantity they stand for”
* Featured by Apple as ‘New and Noteworthy’ (Education)
* Wired’s GeekDad Approved
* “Montessori Numbers is among the best educational apps for young children I’ve seen. The pacing is very good and the verbal feedback is very supportive. ” Mary Ellin Logue, Ed.D, Early Childhood Education, University of Maine
* Rated 5 stars on Best Kids Apps and MindLeap
* Selected by KinderTown.com
* Golden App Award – 5/5 – Apps for Homeschooling
Montessori Numbers is designed to help build sound mathematical foundations in children aged 3-7 by using a concrete, visually significant material inspired from the Montessori methodology. Montessori Numbers focuses on numbers from 0-1000, and offers a sequence of guided activities that gradually help children reinforce their skills. Each activity offers several levels of increasing complexity.
Montessori Numbers supports the following activities:
* Experiment with quantities and learn their names
* Learn the numerals and their names
* Learn to count
* Associate quantities with numerals/numbers
* Understand the decimal system and place value
* Introduce addition and subtraction
Montessori Numbers builds on the iPad’s touch feature, and uses verbal feedback for more efficient learning. The app can pronounce any number between 0 and 1009 (American, British and Australian voices available).
Montessori Numbers Adheres to Common Core State Standards in the Following Domains:
* Counting and Cardinality (K.CC)
* Operations and Algebraic Thinking (K.OA, 1.OA.1/2/5)
* Number & Operations in Base Ten (K.BNT,1.NBT.1/2/4/5/6, 2.NBT.1/2/3/5/8/9, 3.NBT.1/2).
* Compatible with iPad
* iOS 4.2 or later
* 55 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Montessori Numbers 1.1 is priced $0.99 USD today only to celebrate the update. Regular price is $2.99 USD. It is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category for iPad and iPhone. Journalists and bloggers interested in a promo code, further information, developer interviews or additional assets should contact L’Escapadou via email.
L’Escapadou, founded in 2010, is an award-winning family design studio dedicated to creating educational and fun apps for iPad and iPhone and has been recognized as “Editor’s Choice” by Moms With Apps. Montessori Crosswords and Word Wizard, L’Escapadou’s top selling apps, have won the Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design. Pierre Abel holds a PhD in computer science and has extensively worked on user experience design. His wife, a translator currently busy homeschooling their daughters, helps in the design of the educational apps. Watching their kids – 6 and 9 years-old – learn and play is their main source of inspiration for the apps they create. Copyright (C) 2012 L’Escapadou. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.