Spokane, Washington – PhatWare Corporation is proud to announce the newest update to its WritePad note-taking app for iPad, enabling vastly improved text input in the user’s own handwriting. WritePad now features integration with third-party interactive styli such as Jot Touch by Adonit and iPen by Cregle.
By using the WritePad app with an interactive stylus, iPad users will enjoy more precise ink input which should result in significantly improve handwriting recognition quality. Depending on the stylus, additional stylus features such as pen pressure, hardware controlled palm rest and stylus navigations buttons are supported to further improve user experience and application performance.
Another new feature in the latest WritePad is support for Evernote authentication, making synchronization with Evernote faster and more secure.
WritePad, an advanced note-taker for iOS, converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email or SMS, tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPad resources.
With WritePad, users can:
* Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition in 11 languages, including English, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Spanish.
* Improve productivity by using inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
* Improve overall handwriting recognition quality using WritePad’s Statistical Analyzer, which addresses common recognition errors. When enabled, this WritePad feature learns and adapts to the user’s own handwriting style.
* Email, Tweet, SMS, print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes, or upload documents to Google Docs.
* Translate documents to 16 supported languages using Bing Translator.
* Change WritePad’s appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
WritePad Availability and Pricing:
WritePad for Pad 6.4 is available in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish languages and can be purchased via the iTunes App Store for $9.99. The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user’s choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for WritePad 6.4 for $4.99. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare online.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare’s products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2012 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare, PhatPad, PenOffice, and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.