Ann Arbor, Michigan – Humble Daisy today is pleased to announce it has released a major update to its SonicPics slideshow creation and recording app for iOS. This free update brings full retina support to the new iPad as well as High Definition (720p) export capability. The update also includes several improvements and bug fixes.
SonicPics is a tool for creating and narrating custom photo slide shows on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. SonicPics lets users select images from the iOS device’s photo library or built in camera to make custom slideshows. They can then record a voiceover, narrating the images as they swipe through them. Once finished, users can export a video with their images synchronized to their narration. Recordings can then be shared in a variety of ways including posting to YouTube.
“This is the most significant update we have done to SonicPics since bringing it to the iPad.” explained Humble Daisy CEO Dave Chmura. “HD export capability is going to be huge!” (Previous versions of SonicPics scaled videos down to 640X480.) Humble Daisy also added the ability to save recordings directly to the Photo Library, mirror the entire user interface for demos or training, and added support for the new iPad’s retina display.
SonicPics Feature Highlights Include:
* Create and narrate custom photo slideshows
* Records your voice while you flip through your images
* Automatically synchronizes your images to the audio recording
* Publish your recordings to YouTube, share to your computer via wifi, save to your photo library, or email to your friends
* Present your stories on the big screen using video out while recording or to watch recordings
* Make .m4v movies of your images and narrations from your iPhone or iPod touch or iPad
* Record up to 60 minutes per session
* Give images unique names and descriptions that can optionally be shown during recording
* Recordings processed right on your phone, no 3rd party service required
* Intuitive user interface
* iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (2nd generation)
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 7.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SonicPics is available for $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Review copies are available to the media upon request.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Humble Daisy, Inc. is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by husband-wife team of David and Michael Chmura. With a focus on the Mac platform, Humble Daisy’s goal is to provide simple and elegant, user-centered solutions to facilitate personal and professional success. Copyright 2002-2012 Humble Daisy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.